For over twenty years, the Vancouver Prostate Cancer Support and Awareness group has been providing information, guidance and assistance to those recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and to men living with the long-term physical and emotional issues associated with their condition. We are a volunteer organization that is associated with Prostate Cancer Foundation of British Columbia and Prostate Cancer Canada Network–a national charitable organization dedicated to fostering scientific research and improving the lives of men with prostate cancer.
- provide an opportunity to meet and share our experience with prostate cancer and its treatment;
- create a forum for discussion of issues and concerns related to prostate cancer;
- support those who are newly diagnosed deal with the many questions and concerns that we all have experienced;
- build an ongoing support program for men with prostate cancer;
- provide educational resources, scientific information and guest speakers on relevant topics.
Our Members include:
- Men now being treated or have been treated for prostate cancer;
- Partners of those with prostate cancer;
- Anyone who is interested in prostate health issues;
- Members of the health community.