Speakers at Meetings of Vancouver Prostate Cancer Support and Awareness Group (2021-2018)
- June 2021, Cameron Herberts, UBC Prostate Cancer Research Centre, Personalizing Treatment for Prostate Cancer Patients.
- May 2021: Dr. Francois Benard, BC Cancer, Lutetium 177 Trial Study Update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhvJyD9L96o
- April 2021: Dr. Shirin Abadi, Head of Pharmacy, BC Cancer, Over the Counter Drugs and Interactions
- March 2021: Ingrid See and Dr. Catherine Cousteau, Vancouver Nancy Chan Palliative Care Centre. Palliative Care: What is Available in Your Community.
- February 2021: Panel Presentation; Personal Experience with Major Forms of PC Treatment
- January 2021– Pat Porterfield and Karen Sanderson, Vancouver Coastal Health, Advance Care Planning
- December 2020–Annual Year End Meeting
- November 2020–Julia Teng, Inspire Health Victoria Sugar and Cancer
- October 2020–Evan Warner, Cancer Researcher PC Centre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGEWR-7zx3I
- Sept. 2020–Marcy Dayan, MHA, Registered Physiotherapist and Incontinence Specialist. Pelvic Floor Issues–Incontinence Issues and Using Incontinence Devices https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKdoZu830R4
- August 2020–Dr. Tia Higano, Medical Director PC Supportive Care Program VGH and Professor of Oncology, Fred Hutchison Cancer Center, U. of Washington, Seattle. Life After Prostate Cancer Diagnosis.
- July 2020–Dr. Daniel Khalif, Oncologist, BC Cancer Vancouver. BC Bets–Prostate Cancer Bio-marker Enrichment Program. PC-BETs
- June 2020–Dr. Abe Alexander. Radiation Oncologist, BC Cancer Victoria. Strategies to Reduce Side Effects and Treatment Time. Strategies to Reduce Radiation Side Effects
- May 2020–Dr. Ryan Flanagan. UBC Professor of Urology and Director of the Sexual Health Clinic at Vancouver Prostate Centre. Sexual Rehabilitation Following PC Treatment. PCSC Talk for PCF May 2020
- April 2020–Cancelled
- March 2020. John Oliffe, PhD., UBC School of Nursing, Mental Health and Prostate Cancer Oliffe Mental Health and Prostate Cancer
- February 2020, Lisa McCune and Joyce Lee, BC Cancer: Topic: Patient and family engagement in cancer care: getting involved with your care and with cancer care service planning in BC Prostate-cancer-group-Vancouver-Feb6,2020-FINAL and patient partner network for patient education forums
- January 2020, Dr. Amina Zoubeidi, UBC Professor of Urologic Science and PC Centre Senior Researcher, Tackling the New Face of Prostate Cancer. PCF-BC talk Jan 2020
- December 2019–Holiday Luncheon
- November 2019–Dr. Arman Rahmim, BC Cancer Research Centre–Exciting New Developments in Prostate Cancer Imaging and Therapy ProstateSupportGroup_2019_Nov7_2019
- October 2019–Dr. Evan Warner, Topic–Exciting New Developments in PC Treatment PCa Support Group Talk October 2019 – Evan Warner
- September 2019–Dr. Larry Mroz, Topic–“Patient Oriented Research: What is it and how can ‘patient partners’ help shape the future of prostate cancer research in BC”–Patient Oriented Research–How It Can Shape PC Research
- ]August 2019–Dr. Richard Wassersug, The Language of Cancer—and why it Matters to Men with Prostate Cancer–Language of Cancer Presentation –August 1st
- July 2019–Dr. Manju Sharma–Holistic Health—Holistic Health–Integrative Health Care
- June 2019–Dr. Shirin Abadi–The Do’s and Don’ts of Drug Interactions Including off the Counter Drugs & Natural Health Products:
- May 2019–Gillian Vanderkerkove, PhD., Research Assistant at Vancouver Prostate Centre, Researching a Personalized Approach to Treating Men with Prostate Cancer Personalized Approach to PC Treatment
- April 2019–Lynda Soberanes, Inspire Health Registered Dietician, Topic: Prostate Cancer and Nutrition Cancer and Nutrition April 2019
- March 2019–Dr. Lori Brotto, Topic: How Mindfulness Can Help You Cope https://owncloud.westgrid.ca/index.php/s/7yB4FKgrR1ImFqV
- February 2019 Dr. Francois Benard, Topic: Clinical Trials of Lutetium 177 F Benard CCS prostate
- January 2019 Dr. Jim Pickles Topic: What’s new in PSA BC Prostate support group Jan 2019
- November 2018. – Dr. Marcel Bally, Head and Distinguished Scientist, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, BC Cancer Agency Topic: Developments in Nano Medicine
- October 2018: Dr. Myra Keys, Oncologist, head of Brachytherapy Program, BC Cancer Agency Topic: New Developments in Radiation Therapy 2018 Pca suport group
- September 2018: Christine Zarowski, Sexual Health Clinician, Prostate Cancer Support Program, VGH.
Topic– Managing the Impact of Prostate Cancer on Sexual Function Understanding and Managing changes to sexual function and intimacy post prostate cancer treatment Sept 4 2018 PDF
- August 2018: Dr. Richard Wassersug Androgen Deprivation Therapy
Topic: Evidence Based Strategies for Managing ADT Side Effects Vancouver ADT lecture August 2, 2018 FINAL
- July 2018: Dr. J. M Lavoie, BC Cancer Agency.
Topic: Onco-Genomics in Treatment Planning LavoieJM_PrCA_Genomics
- June 2018: Dr. Alan Bates, BC Cancer Agency, Provincial Practice Leader for Psychiatry. Topic: Anxiety and Depression and How We Deal with Them
- May 2018: Dr. Pippa Hawley B.Med, FRCPC (PM), Pain and Symptom Management/Palliative Care Program Leader
Topic: What are Precautions When Taking Medical Marijuana Medicinal Cannabis Short May 2018 (1)
- April 2018: Dr. Philip Cohen – Head of Nuclear Medicine, Lions Gate Hospital
Topic: New radionuclide diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of Prostate Cancer Dr. Cohen Presentation Van PCSG Apr. 5, 2018 (1)
- March 2018: Dr. Lucia Nappi – Researcher Vancouver Prostate Centre Topic: Chemotherapy – What are the benefits?
- February 2018: Dr. Shirin Abadi, Pharmacist, BC Cancer Agency Topic: The Interaction of Drugs Both Prescribed and Over the Counter
- January 2018: Dr. Michael McKenzie, Radiation Oncologist, BC Cancer Agency Topic: A Conversation Around Advance Care Planning